Our ecological commitments
ACTIONS TO LIMIT THE IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT
Located in the heart of a forest and lake area, near the Atlantic Ocean, our campsite must be exemplary in its respect for nature. The actions we have implemented over the past 8 years are described below.
To go further in 2023, we have decided to act to obtain the Green Key label.
Reduction of water and energy consumption :
Drinking water :
Drinking water leakage control :
- Consumption is recorded on the general meter every 15 days and on the meters of the swimming pool and the foot bath which are checked daily.
- Closing of the general meter in case of absence and closing of the unused lines as soon as possible.
- Drainage of the entire network in winter to avoid degradation of the network by frost.
- Common sanitary facilities and flow limitation on sanitary equipment.
- Replacement of the lamps by Leds in all the accommodations.
- Lighting of the lanes with Leds projectors with presence detectors and solar panels.
- Air conditioning
- None of the accommodations are equipped with air conditioning.
- The purchase of new accommodation with reinforced insulation to ensure the best comfort in summer, without air conditioning.
- The reception area is not air-conditioned either.
On the accommodations equipped with bath heaters with night lights, the latter are systematically turned off at the end of the stay when the accommodation is not immediately re-let.
Choice of a clean household vehicle : Cargo bike.
The same goes for the maintenance vehicle, a second cargo bike
Waste reduction and sorting :
Green waste :
- Mowing exclusively in mulching to improve the soil in our sandy region and to limit the transport and evacuation of the mowing residues.
- Grinding of pruning and pruning residues on the property and recovery of firewood.
- No green waste disposal.
Construction of a hen house with 4 to 6 hens:
- Educational role for children and their parents who learn the first notions of breeding.
- Consumption of organic waste from the campsite snack bar
- Collection of fresh eggs and organic poultry meat for our own consumption*.
Selective sorting :
Information to all customers on the conditions of waste separation. Frequent visual inspection to correct errors and remind rules. Installation of an explanatory panel at the sorting point. Systematic sorting of waste from the campsite.
Waste from the snack bar :
Priority is given to the use of porcelain or glass dishes and metal cutlery to limit the production of cardboard and plastic waste. Recovery of food waste consumed by the chickens.
Motorhome Emptying :
- Recent construction of a platform for emptying grey water (from sinks, washbasins or showers) from motor homes. This water is directed to the campground’s own wastewater treatment plant.
- For black water (from chemical toilets with which motor homes are equipped), a watertight tank of 4 000 liters is available to users. The latter is pumped and evacuated as much as necessary by tanker to the nearest power plant in the Médoc.
Maintenance of the campsite ground cover :
- For the plantations, choose deciduous trees in priority to coniferous ones to offer a cooler shaded cover in the summer, and favoring the penetration of the sun up to the windows of the lodgings in the winter after the fall of the leaves. Choice of local species Pedunculate oak, holm oak, birch or arbutus in priority. This shady canopy provides comfort during the hot summer months.
- For the hedges separating the sites, choose Eleagnus, which consumes little water in summer and can grow in very sandy soil with little organic matter.
- The surplus of vegetation from pruning or excess leaf shredding is stored on the campsite and reused as potting soil for planting in the fall of each year.